Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boring Day.

Yesterday (Tuesday), I didn't really eat anything too interesting. My dinner was really delicious: leftover cold stir-fried veggies over cold pasta. Perfect small meal to eat right before I had to leave for my weekly small group meeting.

I also ended up making those chocolate chip cookies I was talking about in the last post. They were quite delicious! And I have been craving some chocolate, so they really hit the spot. Now, I just need to be tempted not to eat too many. (They still have sugar in them!!)

Let me write really quickly about a book that I read that helped me decide to do the 30-day vegan trial: Skinny Bitch. This book is SO funny! If you get easily offended by swearing and harsh sarcasm, you might not like this book, but I still think that everyone should read it. The girls that wrote this book tell it like it is and aren't afraid to hurt people's feelings. And sometimes, that's what we need. We need to be slapped in the face before we wake up to the reality of our situation. Kim & Rory (the authors) talk a lot about how our food is made and why this should concern us, as well as some tips for making our bodies feel healthier.

One of the things they suggested actually came from the creators of Body for Life. They say to eat fruit first thing in the morning, because your body digests fruit easier when it's eaten by itself with no other food in the stomach. So, they suggest to eat fruit for breakfast and then wait at least 30 minutes before eating anything else. And it doesn't have to be a little tiny bit of fruit. You can eat a lot of it! So, I have been trying this for a couple weeks and it really works. I was definitely hesitant about it and thought, "My body is so messed up, there's no way this will do any good." And I'm glad to admit that I was wrong. When I eat fruit first thing in the morning, my stomach (and the rest of my body) feels great throughout the day.

So, if you're looking for some small changes, but aren't really ready to go vegan yet, I would suggest trying this. See how you do and if it works for you, stick with it. You may have to give it a few days before it works the way it should.

And read "Skinny Bitch." You'll be glad you did. :)

No comments: