Sunday, November 7, 2010

Long Crazy Day.

Things were a bit hectic this morning and I only got to eat a kiwi. For lunch, I mixed half of a brown rice/quinoa microwave packet with some brown lentils that I made the other night. Then, I topped it with Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese and dried cranberries. That was an incredible concoction! I ate it alongside some roasted corn from Smoky Bones that was being served at the work conference. Fast forward to dinner and I made an AMAZING veggie chili for Mom, Stephen and I. Super spicy, super yummy and best of all, super healthy! It had tomatoes, onions, garlic, red bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, kidney beans, pinto beans and cannellini beans. I added lots of chili powder and a good amount of ground cayenne pepper to give it that kick we all love. :) Stephen made some cornbread, but he used milk, butter and eggs, so I abstained. Mom was raving about it though. Maybe you can talk him into giving you a recipe. :)

I had a pear for dessert and then later, Mom made us some time. Mom and I had rooibos and Stephen had Green Tea Matcha (matcha powder + green tea leaves). The rooibos was very delicious and she also had a Double Chocolate Yerba Mate that I will be drinking for my morning caffeine boost. (I haven't had caffeine in awhile, so I hope it doesn't me too crazy.)

Where was Dad during all this chili/cornbread/tea yumminess? Watching the Colts lose. :( Dad's not big on the spicy or the meatless chili, so he had a cheese sandwich and then retired into the other room to watch football. Mom was looking at some vegetarian shirts online, Stephen was doing a bunch of random things on his computer and I was reading "The Kind Diet." I was really glad to spend some time with my family after a busy weekend--I missed them a lot. :)

No comments: