Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pizza Sauce!

Yesterday, I had an orange and Cascadian Farms multi-grain squares cereal for breakfast. At lunch time, I made a Grilled Avocado Sandwich. And at dinner, I made pita pizza with homemade pizza sauce. Here's how:

Quick+Easy Chunky Pizza Sauce
1-15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1-small can of tomato paste
3 Tbsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. basil
1 tsp. black pepper

Heat all ingredients on stove until tomato paste has thinned and everything is heated through to blend tastes. Spread on a pita or pizza dough and top with your fave toppings. Also makes a great dipping sauce for breadsticks and garlic bread.

There we go! How easy was that??

And here's a note for all those wondering: while the Daiya mozzarella cheese I had with my lentils/rice the other day was delicious, it is quite gross in large amounts on a pizza. I think I'm gonna have to stick with cheeseless pizza from now on. I was peeling off all the cheese, but I couldn't get it all off. It didn't help that it wasn't all melted and it was super stretchy like plastic-y rubber stuff. Bleh. It seems like more of a salad topping than something to melt...

No comments: