Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!!

Today is such an awesome day. I'm not generally a traditional holiday person, but I happen to love times that we've set aside to bring special attention to what's happening around us. World AIDS Day is December 1, March is Women's History Month and today is EARTH DAY!



We need to take care of the planet every day, obviously, but I love that we've named today a day where everyone can be reminded of the importance of caring for our environment. And for those of you who don't know, today is actually the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. In 1970, Senator Gaylord Nelson founded it as an environmental teach-in, meaning that he wanted to use it as a tool, mainly on college campuses, to educate people about environmental issues and caring for the Earth.

I am a self-professed tree hugger. Like, I literally hug trees sometimes. You may think I'm weird, but I've come to accept that about myself. :D I love knowing that I am doing my best to care for the home that God has given me. Not only does it show respect for Him by appreciating His gift, but it also respects future generations who will need to use the Earth as their home as well.

I took a shower last night and I won't take one again until tomorrow morning, so I'm going to try to use as little water as possible today. I also recycle on a daily basis and love buying/eating organic food. What are you doing today to help the Earth??

No comments: