Friday, April 2, 2010

Healthy Breakfast

Some mornings, I eat breakfast. Some mornings, if I sleep in, I don't. Most mornings that I do eat breakfast, it's usually something quick, like a pastry at Starbucks or a granola bar. My brain isn't fully functional at 6am, so I don't like to think about trying to make something. Well, I got up at 8am today and decided to have some of my new Stonyfield Organics yogurt.



It was the Superfruits flavor with pomegranate, raspberry & acai. It was delicious!! I don't eat yogurt very often since I'm lactose intolerant and I'm afraid of what it will do to my stomach. But this stuff was great. Plus, apparently with the cultures in yogurt, it's supposed to actually be good for my stomach. So, we'll see.

After the yogurt, I decided to have some of my Trader Joe's Blueberry Muesli.



This stuff is SO good! It's way better than granola and I've never really been a big oatmeal person. I know that oatmeal is the big healthy thing in food blogs these days and my mom eats about three bowls a week, sometimes more, but I just can't get into it. Muesli is a good substitute, I think. It's easier to prepare--just pour some in a bowl and add a bit of milk, like cereal. It's got tons of fun nutritional ingredients (mine even had dried blueberries, which are AMAZING!!). And it's got a sweet flavor without too much added sugar.

Well, I'm off to Calvin Fletcher's Coffee Company to enjoy my coffee for the day. :)

1 comment:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Ok, I may have to try the muesli with just a splash of almond milk soon - it looks very tasty!

It was fun to hang out with you and Stephen at CF this morning.
I hope you have a marvelous day!