Monday, February 14, 2011

Meh.

Who needs a Valentine when you have awesome parents like mine??

I had a pretty good day, although it was just like any other day. I got up and did some Carl Sandburg Stretches. I'm gonna try to make it a point to do those every morning. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to do them and I can do them the second I get out of bed. I went into work for a while, but I've had to cut back my hours recently, because I don't have enough money in my support account. (The ups and downs of life as a missionary). I'm hoping I'll still have enough money to pay all my bills this month. :/

After work, I was able to relax some before joining my mom at the gym for a fitness class. Parts of it were easy, but some of the other stuff, mainly the cardio, truly kicked my butt. I have a lot of work to do with my cardiovascular endurance. As far as my fitness level, that's the area where I'm weakest. But I'm gonna keep pushing myself so that I can improve that.

Then I stopped by Mom+Dad's house after the workout and my parents gave me my Valentine's Day present:

I've been wanting these books for a while now and I told Mom about them, so she ordered them for me. :) The Better World books are awesome because they grade certain companies about five different areas: environmental sustainability, human rights, community involvement, animal protection, social justice. It helps me decide where to eat, where to shop and what products to buy. Since my job is about bringing an end to human trafficking, it's important for me to be committed to buying from responsible companies.

For dinner tonight, I made Mama Pea's Lemon Chickpeas + Farro, but I substituted rice for the farro. It was pretty good. And I have leftovers that I plan on putting in a pita for lunch sometime this week. And I made some chipotle hummus for veggies this week. So, I think I'm set for lunches. Sometimes I have difficulty coming up with healthy lunches to take with me to work, but it helps when I have versatile leftovers or some fresh veggies to enjoy.

I promise I'll have some more interesting posts coming up soon! The social life vs. sleep post will appear this week sometime. It's gonna be really important, for me, so I'll need lots of feedback.

No comments: