Friday, February 4, 2011

Soup+Salad, Mexican-Style

Sorry about no post yesterday. I had been stuck inside for over 48 straight hours and I absolutely had to get out of the house. Of course, when I finally did, things got a little stressful, like I rented a DVD and then it got stuck in my laptop. It's due back to the video store tonight, so hopefully I can get it out. Also, I realized it's probably time for me to get a new computer, as mine is five years old and starting to fall apart. (Of course, it still has lasted me twice as long as my PC did...) The only problem is, I have no money to buy a new computer. So, in case you weren't aware: I'm broke.

But I did have an awesome thing happen yesterday before all the stress: My brother bought me lunch at Qdoba!!


We love Mexican food in our family, and though we often prefer Chipotle for their fresher ingredients and commitment to social responsibility, the closest one is about 20 miles away, whereas this Qdoba is about a half mile from where my brother and I live. [We could probably walk there when the weather gets nice.]


I got the wonderful tortilla soup [one option that Chipotle doesn't have, so I usually take advantage when we come to Qdoba]. It is super spicy and I love getting it with the tortilla strips to give it some crunch. I omitted the sour cream and cheese, of course, but this has plenty of flavor and I wouldn't want to mask it with those anyway... [Even if I did eat dairy!]


I also had this amazing "naked" taco salad. [That means it doesn't have a taco shell bowl, which is fine since those are deep-fried anyway...] I just got the romaine lettuce [so glad they don't use iceberg], black beans, pico de gallo and salsa roja, which is wonderfully spicy.

It was a perfect lunch, especially since my awesome brother paid for it! :) Both of us were stuck inside all week, so it was good to get out and be around people again. And to not have to cook!! [That reminds me--My kitchen is a mess!]

I love Qdoba!

No comments: